Law and order A cot that a coroner issued a safety warning about following the death of a seven-week-old baby is still on sale in Britain, an inquest has been told. She said she had just had a bath on the morning of April 9 when she discovered the baby lying lifeless at their home in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.
Every day since this happened I question why I didn't see how unsafe it was Esther Roseman The report stated that Grace was found with her head over the edge of the cot, but because she could not lift her head back up this restricted her air supply which led to her death from asphyxia.
The inquest has heard that the Roseman family received the cot second-hand, but without instructions or straps to attach it to an adult bed.
By day, let them sleep in a familiar environment around the house, or when travelling — just lift the bassinet off the base. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. When on the lookout for sleigh cots on sale, be careful not to simply purchase one of the first you come across.
The inquest was told the cot had one side that could be lowered, but the instructions state the baby should not be left alone in this position. The Regulation 28 report also stated that the crib was in a tilted position of 8cm 3in while the instructions state it should not be above 5cm 2in.
It seemed the cot was designed with the half fold to stop the baby rolling out of it. SWNS Mr Roseman, who had been home at the time because he had been ill the previous day, told the inquest that he heard his wife screaming from Grace's bedroom.
I jumped out of bed as quickly as I could, I did see Esther holding Grace and in my mind she was gone. Robert Norman, company secretary of Bednest, told the inquest that the three-sided cot was designed to allow parents to provide comfort to their baby without the "dangers of co-sleeping ".
He explained that the two sides are designed to come down like a drawbridge to prevent gaps between the cot and the adult bed.
He said the product was designed and tested to Furniture Industry Research Association safety standards. Esther and Gideon Roseman leave the inquest into their daughter's death hand in hand Credit: Christopher Pledger for The Telegraph Mr Norman said that the instructions stated that the cot should have its sides up if the child was left unsupervised, but said there was not a label on the product to reinforce this advice. He said that Bednest teamed up with the National Childbirth Trust to promote the cot because the charity had been keen to promote the benefits of bedside cots.
Mr Norman said the company had been "completely shocked" to hear that a baby had got its head over the side. We say when they start to push up and crawl not to use the product. Gideon Roseman with his daughter Grace Credit: PA Mrs Roseman told the hearing in Horsham of the moment she screamed for help from her husband, Gideon. He came into the room and shouted at me to put a dressing gown on and get in the car.
I was going for my phone and calling She was never going to be saved, it was obvious, the doctors said 'You knew before you brought her in she was gone'.
В© 2016 - 2018 Business_Blog. All rights reserved | Template by W3layouts